Quad Core Raspberry Pi V2 Development Kit
• A full computer as small as a credit card that is full of potential for beginners and experts alike
• Specially tuned BCM2836 quad-core CPU for a serious performance boost that can run the full range of ARM GNU/Linux distributions
• 1GB memory chip giving you a faster response when running your operating system
• Comes supplied with NOOBs installer to help you select your appropriate operating software
• Backwards compatible with previous Raspberry Pi add-ons
• Can be used for building robots, arcade games and much more
• Aimed at teaching novices how to program and develop their own software
What is Raspberry Pi?
The Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit card sized computer that plugs into any normal TV or monitor. It enables people to explore computing, whether you are old, middle aged or young. It can also be used to teach how to write computer programmes using special computer languages such as Scratch and Python. Raspberry Pi came from the idea that, without an affordable solution, children of the future would grow up without being computer literate in the new age of technology.
What can I do with a Raspberry Pi?
What you can do with the Raspberry Pi vastly outweighs what you can’t do. The possibilities are practically endless. From something as simple as using it as a normal computer with an office package and an internet browser to making your own retro games console. The GPIO (General-purpose input/output) terminals can be used in the same vein as a switch to turn objects on and off or even using it as a quick reaction game. You can see what other people have been making by clicking here
What comes with the bundle?
This Raspberry Pi quad core starter kit comes with the added benefit of having everything you need to start learning in one box. It comes with a keyboard and mouse to set everything up as well as a power supply and Wi-Fi dongle to get connected to the internet. This provides you with the perfect complete starter kit to set you off in the world of programming and computer technology.
|CPU||Broadcom BCM2836 SOC 900MHz Quad-core ARM Cortex-A7|
|GPU||Broadcom VideoCore IV|
|Memory||1 GB (shared with GPU)|
|USB||4 x USB 2.0|
|Video||Phono (RCA), HDMI (up to 1.4 compatible) and DSI socket|
|Audio||3.5 mm jack|
|Storage||microSD card slot|
|Power||Micro USB DC 5 V @ 800 mA for the Pi board|
|Dimensions||85.6 mm x 56.5 mm|
|Operating Software||Supplied with NOOBs installer to self-select appropriate OS|
|I/O||40 pin GPIO customisable pin array|
|Raspberry Pi 2 Model B|
|4 Port USB Hub|
|2 Port USB PSU @ 2.1A|
|Micro USB Cable|
|Micro SD Card with NOOBs installer|